Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church was founded in 1887 by Rev. J. Blackman. The church was located on a property known as “Goodman’s Place” (off Hwy 73 West) in a two room house. During these early years, Sunday School was conducted every Sunday but worship service was only held on two Sundays of the month.
In 1903 on the present site, the first sanctuary was built under the leadership of Rev. Barnett. In later years Rev. Horton would serve as pastor. In 1911 Macedonia called Rev. W.W. Gist, who helped developed the educational and spiritual needs of both the congregation and the local community.
Over the years, the church continued to make great progress under the leadership of Rev. Milton, Rev. Morgan, Rev. Burns, Rev. Heilig (1937), Rev. Boyce(1944) and Rev. Murray(1945). Under the leadership of Rev. Murray the church was remodeled. In 1960 under the pastorship of Rev. C. Brown a “more modern facility” with a basement, kitchen and classroom space was built. This building was dedicated and officially entered into on 1st Sunday in April of 1962. Rev. Sampson Long answered the church's pastoral call in 1971 and served in this capacity until his retirement. Several associate ministers served the church alongside Rev. Long: Rev. John Cathcart, Rev. Willie Teague, and Rev. M.T. Williamson.
On February 9, 1997, Macedonia installed Rev. John N. Leazer as pastor after he had served as an interim pastor following Rev. Long’s retirement. Rev Leazer has had a vast amount of support from several associate ministers over the years: Rev. Timothy Bridges, Rev. Bobby Fox, Rev. Jimmy Headen, Rev David Leaven, Rev. Darrick Leak, Rev. Dan Moorehead, Rev Angela Neal, Rev. Ray Rucker, Rev. Michael Williams, Rev. Mark Williamson, & Rev. Myron Williamson. The congregation was able to build its third worship facility under the leadership of Rev. Leazer. He led his congregation into the new facility on the first Sunday in November 2005 and our church continues to worship God in spirit and in truth.